Virginia Skye

Virginia Skye

Monday, October 29, 2012

Day 29: Music

Day 29: Music
I've always been a person who deeply connects with music.  Throughout different trials and tribulations in my life, I've found that music somehow has a way of "finding" me; certain songs come on the radio and speak to me in such profound ways.  So it was hard for me to pick just one song for this topic.  Instead, I've picked a few that are really meaningful to me. 

For the days I feel angry:

Offspring "Gone Away"
"I reach to the sky and call out your name.  And if I could trade, I would.  And it feels, it feels like heaven's so far away.  And it feels, it feels like the world is so cold now that you've gone away."


For the days I'm just missing her, missing being pregnant, missing her physical presence (I have yet to listen to this song without breaking into uncontrollable sobs).  I would give anything to go back to the start.  Anything.

Colplay "The Scientist"
"Nobody said it was easy, it's such a shame for us to part.  Nobody said it was easy, no one ever said it would be so hard.  Oh, take me back to the start."


For the days I'm struggling with my faith, desperately searching for answers in all of this (I've had a lot of those days lately):

Rufus Wainwright "Hallelujah"
"Maybe there's a God above, and all I ever learned from love was how to shoot at someone who outdrew you.  And its not a cry you can hear at night, its not somebody who's seen the light, its a cold and its a broken Hallelujah."


This song will ALWAYS remind me of her (most of the time I can smile when I hear it, other times it makes me incredibly sad):

Adele "To Make You Feel My Love"
"I could make you happy, make your dreams come true.  Nothing that I wouldn't do, go to the ends of the Earth for you, to make you feel my love."




3 comments:

Unknown said...

The Scientist is one of the best, worst, love/hate songs in existence I think. Hauntingly good. Love you lots, dear, cannot wait to see you in November.

Breanna Polacik said...

All great choices! The Adele one is one of my very favorites.

Michelle G said...

How ironic that you posted this blog entry about music. Just a couple weeks ago, I was working out and one of my favorite songs/artist came on my ipod and I immediately thought of you but kept forgetting to tell you. I'll text you now....