Virginia Skye

Virginia Skye

Sunday, October 28, 2012

Day 28: Memory

Day 28: Memory
This is my grandmother Virginia (Grandma Ginny for short).  She is Virginia's namesake.  She's an incredibly strong, brave, independent woman who has always been a role model for me.  I have so many wonderful childhood memories connected with Grandma Ginny: sleepovers at her house, eating her delicious Macaroni and Cheese, doing ceramics projects in her basement.  I'm so glad we could honor her by naming our sweet girl after her.  Even though things didn't work out as we had hoped, I am still glad my Grandma Ginny got to "meet" her great granddaughter Virginia (even if only through my belly). 


3 comments:

Unknown said...

So very special Ran, what a way to honor your Grandma. xoxo

Kendra Fox said...

I love this picture. Your Grandma is such a neat lady.

Michelle G said...

What a wonderful story behind Virginia's name....such a sweet photo of you and your grandma.