Virginia Skye

Virginia Skye

Monday, April 6, 2009

Do not read this post if you are easily offended!!

**Disclaimer: This post is not intended to offend any of my family or friends who have been so wonderful and supportive over these last few days. It is simply my attempt at articulating some of the feelings I've been having lately. Please do not take it personally.**

There is one phrase I have come to detest hearing over the last 5 days: "I'm sorry."(or any different variations of that phrase). Who knew that such a seemingly genuine sentiment of support could morph into something that makes my stomach twist into knots?? I just want to scream from the rooftops, "I AM NOT DEAD!!!! THERE IS NOTHING TO BE SORRY FOR!!!!!"

I realize that a certain amount of blame for my disgust falls on me, for providing details of my medical status so publicly on my blog, so for that, I take full responsibility. But my intent in doing so was to keep people in other locations "in the know" (which is about 90% of our friends and family). Believe it or not, telling the exact same story of the events which have conspired in the last four months, over and over, is nothing short of exhausting.

That being said, keep the positive energy comin'! I truly believe, that with the support of our family and friends and my faith in our Lord and Savior, we will truly have a positive outcome.

Psalm 37:7-9 Be still in the presence of the Lord, and wait patiently for him to act.

1 comment:

Justin & Emily said...

Haha I have felt this way sooo many times too when somethng bad happens to me. I probably said "im sorry" to you now that im thinking of it lol. I don't like a pitty party either.