Virginia Skye

Virginia Skye

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Big news, I mean HUGE!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am too excited to even attempt to come up with a witty lead-in to the 2 huge pieces of news that I have to share. So I'm just going to spit it out.
I got an official letter from Sac State yesterday congratulating me on my acceptance into the Social Work program!!!!!
::SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!::
Finally the waiting is OVER!!!!! It's such a huge relief to hear that, especially since the acceptance rate is already only 33% (and that's on a normal year; this year it was probably lower due to the fact that more people attempt to go back to school when the economy is struggling). Here's a picture of me with my acceptance letter. :)


We decided to go out to a nice dinner to celebrate. We're looking at 2 years of being absolutely broke, so that may be one of the last times we get to do that. We told our waitress that we were celebrating my acceptance into grad school, so she was kind enough to bring us this sundae:

But that's not all we were celebrating. I also found out today that I *probably* don't have cancer! My doctor called to give the lab results, and he told us that the fluid came back as having benign cells and a little bit of blood. But no cancer cells!!!! And he was fairly sure that if the tumors were indeed cancer, the cells would have shown up in the fluid. However, he is still referring me to another doctor (and orthopedic surgeon) to figure out how to go about removing the tumors so as to prevent this balloon from filling with liquid again. (**As a side note, words cannot express how grateful I am to be seeing another surgeon and NOT an oncologist!!!!!**) I will for sure have to have a fairly serious surgery for this, and the doctor indicated that I could be looking at months of physical therapy and potentially the loss of some mobility in the area, depending on where exactly these tumors are located (under muscle, cartilage, etc). But I will gladly take that anyday over the alternative!

Thanks so much to everyone who has been thinking and praying about us. Your positive energy has been nothing short of amazing!


6 comments:

Robyn Keyes said...

Umm you already know how excited I am for you, but also, your hair is freaking adorable!!! I love your bangs!!!

Justin & Emily said...

CONGRATULATIONS!! On both pieces of news- being a grad student i know how exciting it is to be accepted into a great program!! Take deep breath...you deserve it!!

Becky said...

Hi Randi! Congrats on both pieces of good news you have received! I've been updated by the fam. and have been praying for your good health! Your blog is adorable and am looking forward to following from here on out!
Cousin Becky Bennett in Washington!

Sherri said...

Hi Randilee,
We are so excited for you and to hear all the good positive news! Congrats on Grad School! It is absolutely wonderful that you are continuing your education...You will be so happy to have that on your resume and all the new opportunites that will arise from it! You have been in our prayers and we are so glad that your prayers have been answered too. I'll be keeping an eye on your blog to keep updated on your progress...
Love you,
Sherri and Joe

Corinne said...

Yay! I am so happy for you on both pieces of very good news!!! Luvs:) Rinn

Michelle said...

Woo Hoo Good News!!! Congratulations Girl!