Virginia Skye

Virginia Skye

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Another Drive-By

I am all out-of-sorts this week. One of my coworkers is out ill, and I have taken on more work to make up for her absence. So needless to say, I'm working more than my usual 20 weekly hours. I know, I know, 3o hours a week. Big deal, right? But I have also had to take on the task of re-teaching myself Geometry this week, as one of the kids on my caseload needs extra help in that area. AHHHHH!!!! I feel like I'm in high school again! Thank God for my wonderful, amazing, incredible husband, who spent a good 2 hours of his time last night helping me re-learn some of this stuff.

Anyway, what I was getting to is that I apologize to all my friends and family if it seems like I've fallen off this week. I promise I am not ignoring you! As soon as I can get past the feeling that there are not enough hours in the day, I will take some time to return phone calls and emails that have been piling up over the last couple weeks.

I've found myself wondering a lot this week about how I'm going to add F/T school to this whole mix in the fall, if I can't even handle it right now. I predict that when the rubber meets the road, I'll fall back into the same patterns that were so familiar to me during my undergrad. I just have to keep reminding myself of that. When I start to get down on myself for feeling so overwhelmed, I love to flip to this passage in my bible:

"I can do everything through him who gives me strength."
~Philippians 4:13

Until I can get my bearings, please go easy on me. :)

2 comments:

suz said...

Hey Ran. Sorry I have taken so long to get in touch with you. With wrapping things up in NC and moving to MN and planning to leave for Europe on Saturday, I've been at loose ends.

I just spent some time figuring out this blogging account stuff so I can log in and comment on your blog now.

After catching up on your blog, all I can say is, wow, your plate is waaaaay full!

I hope you know even though I've been lousy about communicating, you have most certainly been in my thoughts.

Love you!

Michelle said...

Hang in there girl!