Virginia Skye

Virginia Skye

Thursday, May 14, 2009

In (Not-So) Loving Memory of My Lump

Dear Lump,
I am afraid that this is my final farewell. Your days of being poked and prodded are over. We have dealt with some trying times together, both good and bad. But your fate has been decided, and you will be meeting your maker (in the form of an oncologist holding a scalpel) in a matter of hours. I hate to say it, dear lump, but I feel as if my life will be richer without you. No more will I have to worry about the embarrassment you bring me, and no more will I fear that others are gossiping about the young lady with the lop-sided hump back. May you rest in peace, you selfish jerk.

2 comments:

Justin & Emily said...

I love that you wrote a parting letter to your lump- we counselors appreciate the therapeutic value to this "goodbye" method :) It also made me laugh a little! Good luck today, I am sending good thoughts your way!!

Robyn Keyes said...

Amen!