Virginia Skye

Virginia Skye

Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Another Double-Post Day

I cannot believe that tomorrow is the day of my appointment with my new oncologist. I've had such a busy last couple of weeks at work that I thought these 2 weeks would fly by. While I still spend my workdays being chronically late everywhere I go (shhh Michelle, please don't tattle on me), I'm also feeling like this has been the longest 2 weeks of my life.

One part of me feels almost a giddy excitement at the prospect of finally getting some concrete answers and a diagnosis (only 6 months, 4 doctors, and 1 surgery later). But my anxiety has gotten exponentially worse over the last 8 hours, and probably will continue to do so until my appointment tomorrow. The unknown is frustrating, but at least it's familiar.

Well, it's time for me to get out and get some fresh air. Pat's having a drink with his coworkers tonight, and I need to get the h*ll out of this house before my anxiety turns me into a crazy woman (haha, it actually might be too late for that). I'm going to go take a walk and enjoy our sunny, mild weather. I'll post an update tomorrow.

Hugs,

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Thinking of you today... anxious for the update.