Virginia Skye

Virginia Skye

Monday, November 26, 2012

Gratitude Project Post #5

I've come to realize over the last few months that successes can be small.  Tiny.  Minuscule, even.  I guess I'd call this Thanksgiving a success.  I made it through the day.  And it was not nearly as bad as I had anticipated.  It was even tolerable, thanks to the support of friends and family.  But there was something huge missing.  There was supposed to be 3 month-old in my arms.  She was supposed to be meeting her great grandparents for the first time.  She was supposed to be taking her first trip to Montana.  We were supposed to be thankful for this miraculous bundle of joy.  The holidays will forever feel empty without her.  Sure, we will celebrate and enjoy holidays with our future children, but there will also always be something missing.

This is where I am today.  Thanksgiving has come and passed.  And just as we have over the last 15 weeks, somehow, we survived.  That's something to be thankful for, right? 

Grandma Ginny and I.  Thanksgiving 2012


1 comment:

Kendra Fox said...

I thought about you on Thanksgiving and wondered how you were doing. I'm glad you were able to be with your family. Still thinking and praying for you!
Love, Kendra