Virginia Skye

Virginia Skye

Friday, March 6, 2009

The Great Groff Furniture Extravaganza!!!!!

Hello to my loyal fanbase (all 3 of you)!!!

Happy Friday morning to everyone! Today is going to be a wonderful, perfect, absolutely amazing day! Why, you ask??

Because today we will finally be getting our new couch that was purchased over 2 weeks ago!

Yes, that's right, we have been couchless for 2 whole weeks! I now understand the meaning of the phrase, "You never know what you have until it's gone." That quote has never rang truer for me than in these last couple weeks. This may seem silly to some, but you never realize how much you actually do use your couch until it's no longer there for your tv-viewing pleasure. We have endured countless hours of sitting on the hard, cold floor, watching hours of tv and finding no comfort whatsoever. Ok, I suppose I should correct myself. "We" haven't been suffering on the floor; Pat has been suffering on the floor. Randi gets too aggravated after about 10 minutes and usually ends up enjoying these mindless hours of tv watching in the comfort of her own bed. This has made for some very early bedtimes in the last couple weeks (I always associate bed with sleep, so if I'm in bed, I get tired). But I am pleased to report that, starting today, we will no longer take such seemingly silly things as living room furniture for granted. For today, we have seen the light. Here's the pics of the couch and area rug that we purchased:







In other, non-furniture related news, I have officially completed my first full week of work. It's been slightly overwhelming and very busy, but overall I can breathe one huge sigh of relief because I can honestly (and finally) say that I love my job. It is such a breath of fresh air to be in a supportive environment, doing something I love, and making pretty good money doing it.

Have a fantastic weekend, all. Hubbs and I will be relaxing on our brand new couches for the majority of the weekend. Be jealous.

3 comments:

Justin & Emily said...

omg you have a blog!! So do WE! I love reading what people are upto. So happy for your new couch :) ours is knapperguy.blogspot.com! We should add each other.

Corinne said...

Happy new couch day!! Hope you have a very nice relaxathon this weekend! There are some cute new movies out!

Michelle said...

I am so jealous! We are renting furniture & who knows where our couch has been!