Virginia Skye

Virginia Skye

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

CA with the MT Folks

We had an absolutely wonderful weekend with my family! It's always amazing to me how long I spend looking forward to visits from friends and family compared to how fast those visits fly by. I love the anticipation of knowing people are coming to see us, but I cannot express in words how much I hate the feeling I get when our visitors leave. And even more so with my immediate family. Watching my family drive away in the suburban with those oh-so-familiar Montana license plates was heart-wrenching. Not knowing when we will see my family again seemed to make the pain multiply.
On a brighter note, we had so much fun showing my family around the area. On Saturday, we did a lot of shopping and driving around. T & T (the younger bros) were in hog heaven after visiting an all-baseball store nearby, and there is no doubt in my mind that they could have spent hours cruising through every sports store in the greater Sac area (even being the non-shoppers that they are). On Sunday, our plans to visit the Hearst Castle in San Simeon were quickly derailed when we realized that it was going to take six hours in the car to get there. My loving hubby came up with a great idea of where to go instead, so we made the trek down to San Jose to tour
the Winchester House.



I can't even begin to describe how creepy and eery this place felt. This really is a unique house with a very interesting story. Here's the website: http://www.winchestermysteryhouse.com/

Otherwise, things around here are going quite well. I'm starting to get into the swing of things with my new job. There are so many things that make this job so much more enjoyable and fulfilling than any other job I've ever had (and the pay doesn't hurt either). I'm still on edge, waiting to hear back from Sac State about the status of my MSW application for grad school. I should be finding out before April 1st, so the countdown is on. Talk about waiting until the last possible minute! I have an upcoming procedure on April 1st to remove a lump that has formed on my left shoulder blade and is growing at a rapid pace. The surgeon seems largely unconcerned about it, so that's a huge relief.

Pat is doing well, his company has been telling him for quite some time that they have "big plans" for his future. If only we could pull out of this dang economic recession, maybe we would finally see those "plans" come to fruition.

In the meantime, we're just enjoying this beautiful weather and eagerly awaiting springtime in California. I think my parents would agree, after their visit last weekend, that it really is a beautiful time of the year here. We are truly enjoying our time here and can't wait to have more friends and family come to visit. I hear there are some killer deals on airfare right now! (hint hint).

No comments: