Virginia Skye

Virginia Skye

Sunday, February 22, 2009

Dear Starbucks

Dear Starbucks,
Please stop correcting me when I come in to order a drink and don't use the "proper Starbucks lingo". Starbucks is not true Italian coffee, and therefor the use of such words as "grande" and "venti" just sounds plain ridiculous. Having worked in coffee for quite a few years myself, I fully understand what the word "skinny" means. However, refusing to conform to the Starbucks corporate moguls' attempt to re-program my coffee-ordering habits, I prefer to say "nonfat milk" and "sugar-free syrup". As long as the barista can translate my drink order into Starbucks-ese (which was no doubt drilled into her head during her tedious training at Starbucks College), please do not patronize me by "correcting" my order. Thank you kindly.
~A True Coffee Lover

No comments: