Virginia Skye

Virginia Skye

Monday, January 18, 2010

A Post that Needs no Introduction

This, folks, is what 14 hours in Disneyland and California Adventure looks like. As I relive the experience through these photos, my feet ache with the pain that can only come from 14 hours of walking.

First thing in the morning, when we were excited and ready to go.


Yes, these are real-life green army men. Kinda creepy, I'm not gonna lie.
Classic Cody, wearing 3-D glasses for the Toy Story ride.
Standing in line for the Indiana Jones ride.
The Paradise Pier roller coaster. Best ride in the park.

Don't let Mickey fool you. This ride will jack you up (Especially if you have motion sickness. Then again, if you have motion sickness, what would you be doing in an amusement park? Logic FAIL).

I took quite a few pictures, but many of them turned out blurry. Pat blames user error. I blame the camera. I'm holding out hope that one of these days Patrick will agree to let me buy this beauty. I've been swooning over this camera for months.

After 14 hours in the park, including 3 meals of overpriced amusement park food, we were completely tuckered out by the end of the day. Even the 2 block walk to our motel seemed too exhausting to handle. Somehow we managed to make it back just in time to pop open a bottle of wine and watch the fireworks. We slept for close to 12 hours that night, before venturing into LA one last time on Sunday to hit the farmer's market and eat the best fish tacos I've ever had. Hollywood Boulevard and Rodeo Drive are overrated. The Los Angeles Farmer's Market is a much better tourist stop if you're really interested in getting a taste of the diversity that exists in this city. Very highly recommended.

My final commentary on Disneyland. If it's really the happiest place on Earth, why do all the parents leaving the park look so miserable? Riddle me that.

Ok, that's it for this post. I'll be writing one final post this evening to bring y'all up to date about the 2010 happs in the Groff household. Thanks for bearing with me through all the rambling.

No comments: