Virginia Skye

Virginia Skye

Sunday, October 4, 2009

The Next Time You See Me...

This post is to serve as a warning to all family and friends that the next time you see me, I may not be the same Randi you all know and love. Well, I will be in spirit, but probably not in body. Allow me to further explain.

This is what my typical schedule looks like:
Monday-work all day, homework in the evening
Tuesday-work in the morning, then classes 3-9:20
Wednesday-work all day, class 6:30-9:00
Thursday-internship all day, homework in the evening
Friday-internship all day, homework in the evening
Saturday-varies, usually consists of at least a few hours of homework and some quality time with my hubbs, and I have class all day one Saturday per month
Sunday-housework day! chores, cooking for the week, laundry, and, yep, you guessed it, more homework

What I am trying to say is that any activity or hobby I may have had pre-GS (grad school) no longer exists. In the interest of time management, I've been forced to trim the fat (pardon the pun), and cut out anything in my life that takes time and is not absolutely necessary. That includes working out. Thus the change in my physical appearance that you may notice the next time you see me in person. I know I was never the most toned person to begin with (and these Rockafellow bat wings seem to only add insult to injury), but please do not be alarmed when you see the old Randi + a few extra pounds. I want to keep up with my workout routine, I really do. But at the end of a long day, if I have time for myself (which is rare these days), I just want to cuddle with my husband and relax, DANG IT! I think I deserve that, no??

So to all the friends we will be meeting in Vegas in about a month (::SQUEEEEEEE!!!!), to my dear mother-in-law Lori who is coming to visit in 2 weeks, and to my family, who we will be seeing over Thanksgiving: please go easy on me (I know you all will).

Until next time,

4 comments:

Justin & Emily said...

HAHA you crack me up Randi. Batwings?! Oh missy, you are beautiful and have had the most "exciting" (not in a good way) year i've ever heard of! I know exactly how it is to NOT want to work out...i havent for a whole week now. There are more important things in life sometimes :)

Unknown said...

yoga

Corinne said...

with a schedule like that there just aren't enough hours in a day!

Ran said...

Thanks for the encouragement/enabling girls! And I will look into yoga...maybe. ;)