Virginia Skye

Virginia Skye

Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Awesome.

Guess how I spent this morning? In a tiny room in close quarters with a kid who is sick with the flu. I didn't think much of it, until we got to work and I realized he was still wearing the wristband from being admitted to the hospital after testing positive for H1N1 (he was released on Sunday night).

Now I generally think that the media has instilled a lot more hysteria in this Swine Flu business because someone behind the scenes has ulterior motives (which is not to say that I wouldn't immunize our children if we had children). But I personally know about five people who have contracted H1N1, took a few days off, and bounced back within a week or so. I just really, really, REALLY cannot afford to get sick right now.

Immune system, don't fail me now!!!!!

Please send your healthy vibes my way. That is all.

::healthy thoughts, healthy thoughts, healthy thoughts::


2 comments:

Mike McCarthy said...

That's no fair. Will you promise to bring some H1N1 to Vegas with you if you do happen to pick some up? So far, we've been unable to acquire it up here.

Thanks Randi!

:P

Amy Moore said...

A hand full of my friends up here have had H1N1 and Craig just got over it as well. You are correct, they all stayed in bed for about 48 hours and then headed on the road to recovery. I have yet to get it ... (fingers are crossed)!