Virginia Skye

Virginia Skye

Thursday, August 20, 2009

Blogging About Politics. And my Favorite Things.

Before you get the wrong impression of this post because of its title, please know that blogging about politics is NOT one of my favorite things. I've never been the type of person who has strong political affiliations. Don't get me wrong, I do have opinions about certain issues (and candidates, for that matter), but the point of this blog is not for me to preach about my own opinions.

So I vowed to myself, for the sake of my readers, that I would never post anything political on my blog. And I intend to keep that promise. But you all should know that I am having a very hard time doing so because of one particular issue that I feel strongly about involving health care reform. Those of you who know me well know how I feel this way, and why I feel this way, because of the state that I live in and the exposure that I've had to underprivileged populations, along with my own experience with health care costs and dealings with a greedy insurance company who can't seem to ever make an error in my favor.

So with that, I will change the subject. Keeping with your suggestions (thank you to all who commented on my last post), here is my current list of my Favorite Things, with some pictures included:

  • The Nest Great website for finding recipes, getting decorating ideas, and overall just being a newlywed.
  • half.com This website has awesome deals on textbooks!!!
  • I've been swooning over this entertainment stand for about a year now. One of these days we might actually buy it.

  • My new laptop!!!!! It's a Dell Studio 14 and I ♥ it!!! I bought it in red for school.

  • This Moroccan Oil Hydrating Mask. It smells sooooo good, and it works on any hair type!

  • These books, which are a few of my summer reads:

Beautiful Boy by David Sheff

The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger

Hope's Boy by Andrew Bridge


Okay, I think that is all for now. Keep those comments comin'!


3 comments:

Becky said...

Here I am to leave a comment! I'm going to try a few of your summer reads and suggest a few to you. First have you read The Shack, by William P. Young? And you should try The Art Of Racing In The Rain, by Garth Stein...another good read Lost and Found, by Jacqeline Sheehan : ) Happy reading...although you may not have a lot of time before you are doing "required reading" for school. Good luck, Ran!

Ran said...

Thanks for the suggestions Becky! I'll jot those down. Unfortunatetly, my summer of reading for fun is rapidly coming to an end (my first class is next Sat, ahhhh!!!). But I'll keep those in mind for my Winter Break.

Justin & Emily said...

I love that you posted about your current favorite things. Kinda gives me ideas for when I can't think of anything worthwhile (or nice) to say :)