Virginia Skye

Virginia Skye

Thursday, July 23, 2009

Summatime Take I

Hey-Ya!!!

Summer is a busy time around here, as I'm sure it is for our family and friends who regularly (or maybe not so regularly) read this blog. All of a sudden, it seems, things went from 0-60 just like that. We had my dad in town last week for a few days, and then Patrick won tickets to a concert over the weekend, so we had a whirlwind week or so. Things have slowed down just long enough for me to get a few errands done around here before our next adventures begin. I will be headed to Portland this weekend to visit my best friend, Jess, and then off to Montana on Monday, where I will meet up with my hubbs to spend some time with friends and family. Poor Pat is driving up here all alone, which I would feel bad about, except for that this whole arrangement was his idea. He suggested that I spend a weekend in Portland and then fly directly to Montana, so as to avoid that hellish 14-hour drive.


[As a sidenote, I must say that one of my absolute favorite qualities about my husband is that he is far and away the most considerate person I have ever met. He always put other's needs (okay, mainly mine) before his own. There is no questioning what is going to happen, he just does it without a second thought and without complaining. Somewhere along the line, someone ::cough cough Lori & Lynn:: taught him VERY well! And for that, I am very grateful. He's an amazing husband, and I cannot wait to see how great of a father he will be one day (not anytime soon though).]

Without further ado, here are some pics of my dad's trip to Sac, during our drive up to Tahoe:

















No comments: