Virginia Skye

Virginia Skye

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Inactive Duty

Hello All
I seem to have bounced back from my lazy phase. At least that's what the cinnamon rolls in the oven and perfectly clean house would suggest (I got up at 5:00am this morning to make them from scratch). I think in part, my lack of motivation has had a lot to do with my restrictions on working out. I had to make an impromptu visit to the orthopedic surgeon last week after finding a bump on my shoulder, at the very tip of where my scar is. When we went down to visit my brother over the holiday weekend, we spent a majority of the weekend in the pool. The doctor had no problem with me playing in the pool, but he did have a problem with me playing volleyball in the pool. Luckily, the bump is just scar tissue. But before I found that out, I had to sit through a pretty harsh lecture. The doc reminded me that I've just had a major, invasive surgery, and even though I'm young, I still need to give myself another 4 weeks for my body to bounce back completely, otherwise I'm going to undo everything I've had done and end up back in the Operating Room.
::gulp::
I am officially on "inactive duty", meaning no exercise except walking until August 15th. I didn't realize just how active I was until I totally lost the ability to do the things I want to do. I miss lifting weights, using the elliptical machine, and doing situps. And I miss having a somewhat toned stomach and arms. But I don't miss these things enough to compromise my body and healing process. And that's what I just have to keep repeating to myself when I hear the workout room calling my name.

In other news, my dad and stepmom will be spending a few days with us starting tomorrow. My dad is in Reno for a work-related trip, and decided they would drive the extra couple hours to come down and see us. Since this will be their first trip to Sac, we are SUPER excited to have them here!!!! We are planning a dinner at our favorite local restaurant/brewery as well as a day trip up to Tahoe. I'm off to Portland for the weekend next Friday, and then we will be headed back to Montana for a week in the end up July. Lots of fun stuff in the next few weeks. Yipeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!

1 comment: