Virginia Skye

Virginia Skye

Monday, June 29, 2009

Free & Clear

Finally finally finally, I am happy to announce that I had my very LAST lump-related doctor's appointment today!!!! I saw my orthopedic surgeon today, and I'm embarrassed to admit that I would not recognize him if I saw him walking down the street. I felt like I was meeting him for the first time today, being that he was never a part of my case until Dr. Khatri had me in the Operating Room. He apparently was in to check on me while I was in recovery, but anesthesia drugs prevented me from remembering that. Anyway, he instructed me to avoid circuit training for 4-6 more weeks (boo), and keep a thick coat of sunscreen on my scar anytime I am in the sun for the next year (yikes). But otherwise, I am good to go!

I also just spent about 30 minutes on the phone with his nurse, getting referrals for primary care doctors as well as helpful suggestions for what to do about some of my recurring health problems (mainly sinus infections). She was more helpful than I could have ever hoped for! Getting some inside info from her on how to address some of my medical issues helped take the sting off the fact that I spent 2+ hours this morning, waiting in the office to be seen by my doctor. Just goes to show that a good nurse can make all the difference.

::insert a shout-out to my awesome cousin Corrine, who is no doubt the best nurse there is in the ICU at Billings Clinic!!! ::
I hope to not have to waste any more of my valuable time in doctor's offices or waiting rooms for a long time to come!

1 comment:

Corinne said...

Awww, you are too sweet! Hope you dont have to wait in docs offices anymore too!