Virginia Skye

Virginia Skye

Friday, September 19, 2008

Rest in Peace

Collin James Keck 12/31/85-9/18/08

I want to dedicate this post to an old friend from high school who passed away yesterday. Collin was a year younger than me in school, and I was ashamed to admit it at the time that I had developed a slight crush on him (it's SOOOO not okay to date younger guys in high school). When I was a junior and he was a sophmore, I asked him to Prom. He was going to be one of the only sophmore boys there. But he paid no mind to that fact. And because of his lack of concern for what other people thought, I had more fun at that dance than at any others! We went on a few dates after that, and things eventually fizzled. But Collin was one of those people who was genuine and real. And there are not very many people like that in this world. May Collin always be remembered for the gifts he shared with each one of us. His gift to me was the wonderful memories I have of our short (but sweet) time together. Rest in peace Collin James Keck.

3 comments:

Corinne said...

Why did your friend die so young? So sorry for your loss!

Corinne said...

ps. I just read your about me section...don't know if you updated it or I just didn't read it before, but I was excited to hear your plans are to move back at some point and start a little family of your own! yeah, more cousins:)

Ran said...

he died in a bike accident. he was riding his bike to work in washington and got hit by a dump truck. very sad. :(