Virginia Skye

Virginia Skye

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Raiders Football!!!

I just wanted to post a few pics from the football game we went to the other night. Pat got free tickets to the first Monday night football Raiders game from work (his company has 3 sets of season tickets as well as a luxury box).

We had awesome seats, 46 rows up, in the last row of the lower deck!


I just went for the $9 beer!





Make note of the score: Ouch! The Raiders took a beating!

The game itself was nothing too exciting. Unfortunately for all of the Raiders fans, they got spanked by the Broncos. Let me just say this (and if you are a Raiders fan, stop reading this blog right now), Raiders fans are CRAZY!! True, they love their team, just like any other fanbase. But I was literally fearful for my safety in this environment. Had I not been wearing Raiders colors, I would probably have been taunted, cussed at, and possibly beaten up (and I am not even kidding). And don't even get me started on the traffic! Driving in the Bay Area is a whole different scenario than what we are used to here. The traffic on the way there was not bad. But once we turned into the stadium, it took us about 2 hours to drive 1/2 mile! When we did get to the stadium, we found out that the parking was sold out, so we drove to the "Overfill Lot" (same price, dirt field, 1 mile walk to stadium). I'm glad I can now say that I've been to a professional football game, but I let my husband know that the next free tickets he gets will go to better use if he takes someone who's a little more of a football fan than myself.

Oh, and we are now 72 days into the fiscal year, and still no CA state budget. :(

1 comment:

Corinne said...

Well, I am not a raiders fan...but I am not really a fan for any special team...can I still read your blog? I hope you wore good shoes to walk in! Sounds like it was quite the experience and you couldn't even afford to drink lots to warm yourself up for the walk back!