Virginia Skye

Virginia Skye

Saturday, October 4, 2008

Camping & A Visit From a Good Friend

Hello All! Sorry I haven't made an entry in awhile. The monitor on our desktop has been out-of-commission for the last couple weeks. And I keep all of my pictures on that computer, so I didn't have access to my photos to post them on here. It's been fairly exciting here over the last couple weekends.

We FINALLY got a chance to go camping a couple weeks ago up in the El Dorado National Forest. We went to a place called the Icehouse Reservoir. It was absolutely beautiful (and much needed after a hell of a work week for me). Here are a couple pictures from that trip:
Beautiful sunset (reminds me of Montana)




Yummmmm, toasted marshmallows!!!
Pat putting his Boy Scout skills to good use.


Last weekend, my good friend Christie finally came to visit! I've been out to Las Vegas to see her a few times within the last year (hey, who doesn't love an excuse to go to Vegas??). It was so great being able to show one of my best friends all around this area. Sacramento really does have so much to offer, and I know I feel that I finally know the area well enough to be able to show someone else around. We watched a chick flick, drank LOTS of wine, drove up to Tahoe, celebrated Christie's birthday, and went wine tasting. It was an AWESOME (and much-needed girls weekend).


Beautiful South Lake Tahoe!
Christie & I by the lake.

Oh, and as far as the state budget goes, the state of California has FINALLY signed one into law (only 80-some days late!). I'm not sure whether this new budget is good news or bad news for my job situation (it just depends on what the budget entails for education). I'll keep everyone posted once I know more. Have a lovely weekend!

No comments: