Virginia Skye

Virginia Skye

Sunday, October 13, 2013

Our Rainbow Baby Has Arrived, Safe & Sound!

Sorry for the delay in posting.  I hope I didn't leave anyone worried.  But it's been a whirlwind of a week, and I'm just now getting a chance to sit down and write out a post.

It was quite a weekend leading up to the scheduled c-section.  By the time Monday arrived, I couldn't believe we would actually be meeting our baby.  That day itself feels like a distant foggy memory.  I do know I spent a few hours in Labor & Delivery waiting for the OR to become available.  I started having pretty painful contractions that morning, and was in the very early stages of labor.  I'd like to think Baby Dos wanted to pick her own birthday (even though she likely would've been born on the same day anyway--she wanted to do it on HER terms).  Anyway, before I knew it, it was time to head into the OR.


We brought a few mementos of Virginia, so she was very much with us during the moments when her sister took her first breaths in the exact same OR and Recovery Room where we delivered Virginia only 14 months ago.



Cambria Skye Groff was born screaming at 1:24pm on 10/7/13, weighing 8lbs even, 19" long.



We are so in love.  Even through the frustration, the sleep deprivation, and the issues we've had with feeding and her losing too much weight, I am still blissfully, unabashedly happy.  God has been good to our little family.


6 comments:

Christy said...

I couldn't be happier for all of you!!!! Enjoy every moment and know ms. Virginia is smiling down on you!!!

Anonymous said...

I just cried tears of complete and utter joy for you and Pat and beautiful Cambria. I have been following your blog for over a year now, and you and Virginia have touched my life. I thought of Virginia often when middle-of-the-night frustrations got the best of me. She made me a better mother and I am so thankful. Thank you for sharing your journey with me.
Alli (Rodrique) Davenport

Mrs. McGlown said...

I found your blog a few months ago and it has touched my life in a way that i cant even describe. I often think of you and find myself praying for you several times a week. I've been checking your blog daily looking for an update, although I was able to find you on The Bump and was delighted to see your beautiful Cambria! I'm overwhelmed with happiness for you and Pat. I pray that your family will have a lifetime of health and happiness. Thank you so much for sharing your journey.

Anonymous said...

We are SO happy for you!!!! I prayed for you every single day for the last 14 months. Enjoy your little one and please keep us updated on her! Love you so much!
The Foleys

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ashley said...

Oh Randi, I have been waiting anxiously for this update and praying so hard that everything went well. Congratulations on your sweet baby girl! :) Sosososo happy for you!