Virginia Skye

Virginia Skye

Thursday, July 18, 2013

Late 4th of July Post

We decided on a whim to drive to Montana for the 4th of July, only a week after I had gotten home from spending almost 3 weeks there.  The forecast temperatures for our area were hovering around 108*, so getting away from the heat seemed like a great idea.  Plus, my family was excited to have an opportunity to see Pat.  So we packed up the dog and made the 15 hour roadtrip.  With as fried as my nerves are from dealing with this pregnancy, being near family over the holiday was just what the doctor ordered.

It was pretty warm there, too (although nowhere near as hot as CA).  To beat the heat, we spent a day floating the Yellowstone River.  






And of course, in order to keep cool and keep from getting sunburned, I had to wear my most stylish attire.  Cute, huh?

 We also spent lots of time with our furry friends, who are absolute animals when it comes to treats...

...and snuggles.  
And we even caught a pretty Montana sunset.  

Even though the drive home was not so easy on my backside (I'm having lots of problems with my lower back and tailbone lately), it was worth it to have a few extra days with family.  





1 comment:

Breanna Polacik said...

Glad you got to come back again! Next time you guys should come back to stay! ;)