Virginia Skye

Virginia Skye

Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Baby Dos' Non-Shower Celebration of Life

While I was in Montana, my mom threw a (non-shower) baby celebration for me.  It was important to me that we celebrate the life of this baby with some of my closest family members and girlfriends.  I think we confused some of my family members, who didn't quite know what to call the party, or how to respond to me during the party ("Should we bring up Virginia?"  "Would that make the celebration too sad?"  "Should we bring a gift?").  But ultimately, the party turned into a wonderful celebration of life for this baby, my rainbow baby and Virginia's little sister.  We had food.   And cake.  And a rainbow theme.

And despite the dreary weather that forced us to change locations and move our party indoors at the last minute, the sun came out and everyone was able to sit outside on the deck briefly.

I got lots of flowers as gifts, which I very much appreciated.

And got to spend time with some of my very favorite people.


(Unfortunately, we didn't take too many pictures, as I was busy chatting with everyone.)

I'd say the biggest success of the day is that I only cried a few times; I didn't spend the entire time bawling my eyes out, like I had anticipated.  And I was in very good company.  Almost everyone at the party shed a tear with me at one point or another, tears of understanding about how bittersweet this journey is.  It was a great reminder of how many people I have in my corner.  My support system of family and friends is nothing short of amazing.  The only downfall is that many of them live 900+ miles away.  Motivation to get back to Montana, I suppose...



2 comments:

Unknown said...

It was wonderful! Love you, and yes, please come back to Montana

Steve Bennett said...

I'm so happy you got to spend so much time with the family. I love the celebration of life. Rainbows seem to be just perfect. I've said this already, but you do pregnancy so well! You look radiant!! Blessings!! Becky and Family : )