Virginia Skye

Virginia Skye

Thursday, December 6, 2012

A Straggler

I know we are well into December now, but the events of today made me want to revisit November's theme of being grateful.  So consider this post a straggler, an add-on to November's gratitude series.  As I was skimming the bimonthly newsletter put out by the organization that facilitates the infant loss support groups we've been attending, I ran across something that made me burst into tears.  Happy tears.  But big, ugly ones none the less.  The last page of every newsletter is dedicated to recognizing the donors that have sent a "love gift", or donation in memory of a specific baby or family.  I was utterly shocked to see what's pictured below.  Cue huge bawlfest at my desk.

(Please excuse the poor photo editing)
Grateful does not begin to describe my feelings toward the wonderful, caring individuals who did this for us.  I am at a loss for words.  Somehow, almost 4 months after losing Virginia, we still continue to be humbled by the kindness, generosity, and compassion of others.  We have a handful of people who continue to check in with us and send thoughtful emails and texts on a regular basis.  People are still taking time, energy, and even money to do things in memory of Virginia (including checking in on her parents and making sure they're ok).  That is unbelievable to me.  So to those who made this donation, and to those who continue to show unconditional support and love, please know that we appreciate you and we are grateful to have you in our lives. 

Love and light.



No comments: