Virginia Skye

Virginia Skye

Friday, July 1, 2011

Playing Catch {Up}

June was such a whirlwind month.  We spent the first two weeks of the month traveling to Montana and then Jamaica, squeezed in a baseball game in Oakland, and wrapped up the month by cuddling two brand new baby girls (more on that in the next post). We were literally out of town every single weekend.  Which is probably why I woke up this morning and thought, "Where did this month go???  How can it possibly be July already?!?!" 

We were invited by some good friends to a huge rivalry game between the Giants and the A's in Oakland. I absolutely LOVE watching baseball, because it seems to be the only sport that I fully understand (surprising given I've grown up with 3 brothers who are all sports fanatics). So even though Pat's a Red Sox fan through and through, we decided it would be fun to go watch the two bay-area teams battle it out. We made sure to arrive a few hours early, to give ourselves time to tailgate and save some money on $6 hotdogs and $9 beers. And we both made sure to wear neutral colors, as we determined before leaving the house that since our group would consist of both A's fans and Giants fans, Pat and I would be playing the role of neutral Switzerland for the day.

Supposedly because I brought champagne to tailgate (it was leftover from graduation), I'm a Giants fan.  I maintain my neutral stance.



My photographic skills went by the wayside once we actually got into the game (I may have slightly over-indulged in the aforementioned champagne).  But as you can see, I was in good company.  :)

Oh, and for all of you that care, the A's won, which was none too pleasing for the Giants fans.  I was neither excited nor upset by the outcome of the game.  However, fun was had by all. 

No comments: