Virginia Skye

Virginia Skye

Thursday, August 14, 2008

Summertime and New Hair!!!

Ok, so I just chopped my hair off after the wedding (it was making me crazy). I know that for most people, a haircut is just a haircut. But for me, it was a BIG deal. It's been a long time since I had my hair this short. I love my new cut, and all my friends and family keep asking to see pics, so here are a few pictures. Definitely not my best pictures, being that I was still getting over my 3-week long virus thing when these pictures were taken (I was having a glass of wine to try and boost my immune system, haha).


From the side...
...and the front


I wanted to put some more pictures up of some fun things that we've done this summer. Unfortunately, since we got home from our honeymoon, things have been pretty boring around here. We were so relieved to just be able to relax and just be at home once all the chaos of the wedding and honeymoon ended (some would call it "nesting"). A couple weeks after I returned to work, I ended up getting sick from a toddler who sneezed directly into my mouth (gross, I know). What started out as a nasty cold turned into a nagging sinus infection. I ended up spending the better part of July in bed...poor Pat. He was such a sweetheart though, he took great care of his new wife. :) One thing we did have fun doing was going to the 4th of July rodeo in Folsom. My brother came up from Bakersfield with his girlfriend and we had a wonderful weekend! I was only able to take one picture that night, though, before the battery on our camera died. This picture is pre-haircut (obviously).



We do have some fun plans for the next couple weekends though. This weekend we're going to go to a Sacramento River Cats game (they are the local minor league baseball team here). And then next weekend we plan on camping. I found a spot up near Tahoe in the mountains right along a reservoir, so that should be fun. I'll be sure and post pictures of our fun summer adventures that we're trying to squeeze in during the next few weeks. Adios!











2 comments:

Corinne said...

Hey! I love the new hair! I have been picking out pics of a similar cut for myself...I am hating my hair right now! I can't decide if I should grow it out or cut it short again, but this in the middle stuff isn't working. I am so excited you are on blog now too! We have been loving it to keep in touch!

Corinne said...

Do you have a good website that you found your hair cut on?