Virginia Skye

Virginia Skye

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Baseball on a Hot Summer Night

We had our first minor league baseball experience here in Sacramento over the weekend. We went to a River Cats game and it was a blast! We had tickets on the 3rd base line about 10 rows up. Both of us grew up playing baseball, and I come from a huge baseball family, so it was refreshing to be back in that atmosphere again. Plus, you gotta love that baseball food! I ate myself sick on cotton candy, yum! And they also had fireworks after the game. All-in-all, it was nice to do something a little different.
See how close we were!

As you can see, the game was far from sold-out. But it was fun nonetheless.


The outfield, a little crooked.


I'm hoping to find more fun, out-of-the ordinary things like this that we can do together. I've spent so much time being homesick and missing all the familiar Montana summer activities since we got home from our honeymoon, that I've forgotten that there are so many different things to do when you leave near a city of almost 2 million. We need to take advantage of all the fun things there are to do here, because soon enough, we'll be back in Montana and bored. Haha!


On another note, we ended up having to cancel our camping trip for this weekend because of a work obligation with Pat's company. He has to go to Vegas this week on business and he won't be home in time for us to spend the weekend camping. Needless to say, I am pretty bummed. I'm just embarassed to say that we have lived close to Tahoe and the coast for 2 summers now, yet we still haven't made it out camping yet. Oh well, there will be plenty of time in the fall (I guess that's the nice part about living in a mild climate...the campgrounds stay open later for the season). Otherwise, not much else new here. I'll post again this weekend, while I'm sitting around and waiting for my husband to come back to me.

1 comment:

Corinne said...

The game looks like it was fun! I know what you mean about getting out and doing lots of fun stuff. I always admire people who are going and doing fun things all the time but when I am bored and try to think of what to do nothing comes to me! Grrr. Get out for me...sometimes I really miss freedom!