Virginia Skye

Virginia Skye

Friday, August 9, 2013

My Lifeline

Never have I appreciated the value of genuine girlfriends more than at this point in my life.  I stop to reflect often on how therapeutic it's been for me to have had other women around me who have shared in a similar experience and understand what it feels like to not only lose a baby (or babies), but to also walk this scary road that is subsequent pregnancy.  These women have literally been my lifeline over the last year.  I cannot imagine where I'd be without them in my life.  We've laughed together and cried together.  We've spent hours talking about the babies that we lost and how soul-crushing and devastating grief can be.  But we've also talked a lot about hope for the future and for our rainbow babies.  We've done a lot of healing together.  And we've also given each other permission to fall apart again.  We all know how cyclical grief can be, and how sometimes, you need those around you to allow you to fall apart, and then to help you pick up the pieces again.  These girls have done that for me.

As we inch closer and closer to the one-year milestone of losing Virginia, I'm making a conscious effort to focus on the positive things her passing has brought into our lives.  These wonderful girlfriends are one of them.  I love all these ladies.






No comments: