Virginia Skye

Virginia Skye

Monday, June 21, 2010

My Summer Reading List

Soooo, I find myself having lots of free time these days (maybe too much, but that's another post for another time). I've been occupying my time by reading books and practicing guitar (I use the term "practicing" loosely, as I gave myself a headache from "practicing" a couple weeks ago, so I'm not sure that I've hit that level yet where I can call it that). Anyway, I've posted my reading list below, and I would welcome anyone's suggestions about good reads for this summer.
{Oh, and it's worth mentioning that I don't read books about science fiction-related topics, vampires, witches and/or goblins, or any sort of black magic. I'm 25, not 13.}

The titles in bold are books I've already read this summer:
The Night of the gun by David Carr**
Tommyland by Tommy Lee**
Don't Try This at Home: A Year in the Life of Dave Navarro by Dave Navarro**
Tweaked: A Crystal Meth Memoir by Patrick Moore**
(**See a pattern here?? I like junkie memoirs, so shoot me.)
Nineteen Minutes by Jody Picoult
The Pact by Jody Picoult
Into the Wild by Jon Krakauer
The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson (I intend the read the other 2 books in this trilogy if I like this one)
The Wedding by Nicholas Sparks
Shutter Island by Dennis Lehane
The Fifth Agreement by Don Miguel Ruiz

And I will probably re-read a few of my favorites (I love re-reading books because I always seem to catch new something the second or third time that I didn't get the first time around).
The Four Agreements by Don Miguel Ruiz
The Bridges of Madison County by Robert James Waller
Scar Tissue by Anthony Kiedis**
A Million Little Pieces by James Frey**
(**again with the junkie memoirs, I clearly have a problem)

Further reading suggestions would be much appreciated. :)

2 comments:

Ashley said...

Have you read any books by Jennifer Weiner? They're just fun, kinda chick-lit but well written. Oh! and read The Help, it is super good!
I'm stealing the rest of your list for my own summer reading:)

Ran said...

I keep hearing about The Help, I think I'll pick that up. And I don't think I've read anything by Jennifer Weiner, but that author sounds familiar... Thanks for the suggestions. Hope you enjoy some of my selections as well, if you can get past the general theme of drug addicts self-destructing. Haha, the heart wants what it wants, right? ;)